TimberSmart Wood Products
TimberSmart PREMIUM MULCH
TimberSmart premium mulch is your best value and direct from the manufacturer! Our mulch, available in 4 colours, is sourced and manufactured from top quality wood, screened through a stringent quality control system. We pride ourselves on providing our customers a superior mulch, guaranteed to satisfy your needs.
All of our mulch dyes are water solvent, 100% biodegradable, environmentally friendly and completely harmless to humans, wildlife, domestic pets and any localized landscaped environment.
- Helps control pH balance in soil
- Acts as a conditioner for soil as it decomposes
- Adds a fresh and rich look to your gardens
- Reduces water use by up to 75% as it protects the soil from evaporation.
- Provides valuable nutrients as the mulch breaks down.
- Encourages worms, which aerate the soil and provide fertilizer in the form of worm castings.
- Reduces the amount of weeds by inhibiting the germination of weed seeds.
Colours & Per Yard Bulk Pricing*
* Pricing applies to pick up from yard in Ajax
|1.2 Cubic Yard Bulk Bags Delivered!
Only $99.00 plus HST includes Zone 1 delivery$15.00 Refundable deposit required for each bulk bag (delivery or pick-up)
Click here for mulch delivery zones and pricing
Contractor Pricing Available
Put Mulch Around Trees?
- Valuable for your trees health and care because it insulates the soil, helping to provide a buffer from heat and cold temperatures.
- Retains water helping to keep the roots moist.
- Keeps weeds out to help prevent root competition.
Mulching Before Winter
- Annual beds should always be mulched in fall before the first frost
- Roses, evergreens, trees, shrubs and any bare ground benefits from a layer of mulch applied in late fall after the first few hard frosts, as mulch helps moderate winter soil temperatures.
How to Apply Mulch
- Choose your color.
- Prepare the area:
- Pull weeds or cut them close to the ground, if mulching for weed control. While not strictly necessary, it will help the mulch, and anything under it, to lay flat, slowing down weed growth. Remember, mulch prevents weed growth by excluding light.
- Enrich the soil and dig the beds, if you plan to do so. Biodegradable mulch can break down into rich, loose soil without this preparation, but it will take time.
- Lay down anything you want under the mulch, such as landscaping fabric or plastic. Try adding several layers of newspaper or cardboard (remove tape and labels first) if you’d like a biodegradable means of blocking weeds.
- Install any borders or edges.
- Use our Mulch Calculator to determine how many yards you require.
- Pour the mulch in piles across the area you wish to mulch, spread the mulch with a rake or by hand. Make sure to have a bed thickness of about 3 inches.
Our premium wood fiber is an excellent choice for hog fuel, manufacturing raw material and much more. All of our Wood fiber is sourced from premium virgin softwood lumber that has been grounded to a 2” minus chip.
For more details on pricing and volumes please feel free to contact us.
Our sawdust is 100% virgin softwood kiln dried sawdust.
Please contact us in regards to volume and pricing.